Updated: May 3
Happy Deaf Awareness Week 2023 everyone!
This is a great week to increase your awareness of Deaf culture, develop an understanding of deafness, and reduce unintentional discrimination.
We are delighted to announce that we have a great space for you to access and find high level Deaf Awareness information and free resources to learn from, such as educational posters, basic British Sign Language (BSL) vocabulary videos, and loads of very interesting facts about the Deaf community. All in just one place!
So, if you have a deaf colleague, student, family member, or friend, and you want to improve your Deaf awareness and communication skills, just click the link below and access to all the content to learn about Deaf culture and be inspired during Deaf Awareness Week.
On top of that, we are hosting a raffle, and you could win* one of the following prizes:
- 1 FREE Deaf Awareness Training Course, for schools only
- 1 FREE Deaf Awareness Training Course, for companies only
- 1 FREE online Deaf Awareness Training Course (valued in £100)
- 1 Deaf Umbrella bottle
- 1 Deaf Umbrella compact travel umbrella
Here is what you need to do to participate:
1. Head over to our Instagram and follow our page.
3. If you are a School or a Business comment 'DEAF AWARENESS FOR MY SCHOOL' or 'DEAF AWARENESS FOR MY COMPANY'.
For the rest of participants just comment your preferred prize, ie: 'ONLINE DEAF AWARENESS COURSE', 'UMBRELLA' or 'BOTTLE'.
4. Tag at least one friend in the comments to let them know about the raffle.
5. Share the post in your stories.
Remember: Follow us → comment → tag → share
We will be announcing the winners at the end of this Deaf Awareness Week, so be sure to keep an eye out for the announcement.
*⚠️Please note that this raffle is open to UK-based participants only.
We very much appreciate your interest in creating a deaf-friendly society and for ensuring the Deaf/Hard of Hearing community feels included, valued, and appreciated.
Happy Deaf Awareness Week and feel free to contact us if you need further information!