Who doesn't welcome hot weather!? For those working from home, however, especially those who don't have a garden to have a break, there may be a feeling of being unable to escape the heatwave!
Let me share with you some easy ideas to keep cool:
1. Close windows when it's hotter outside than inside, but open them if the room gets too hot. Open windows at night when the air is cooler. Keep the blinds or curtains closed to keep out direct sunlight.
2. Have cool baths or showers. You couldn’t do this if you were in an office. Think on the positive side!
3. Iced bottles in front of fans – this apparently helps the air that is coming to you stay cooler! Pour 3 tablespoons (51 g) of table salt in a plastic water bottle, put the caps back on and shake the bottles to thoroughly mix the salt. Then freeze the bottle until completely frozen. Turn on the fan and put your bottles in front of it. When the ice melts, simply freeze the bottles again.
Enjoy of your homemade air conditioner!
4. Turn as many lights as you can off in the morning to keep the space cooler for longer.
5. As we mentioned before in the following blog post "Look after your Mental Health while you have to stay at home", when you work from home you shouldn't work in your pyjamas. Instead, choose to wear loose and linen clothing to stay cool. Short sleeved shirts and dresses in natural fabrics are a must.
6. Drink plenty of water, and avoid excess alcohol. Keep a bottle on your desk and a bottle in the fridge and alternate between the two.
7. Have your lunch under the shade of the trees in your courtyard or in your closest park. This will reduce your heat levels and connecting with nature is always a relaxing and calming way to enjoy your break time.
Always stay out of the sun between 11am and 3pm.
Don’t forget the high factor sun lotion!
8. Try homemade ice lollies! They are healthier and perfect for a summer day, and also it will allow you five minutes rest and enjoyment. There are many different easy recipes! My favourite ones are orange and carrot, watermelon and kiwi and avocado, with lime, yoghurt, vanilla and honey. Yummy!
9. Turning off your PC, screen and printer of an evening to allow the room to cool. It is surprising how much heat each piece of equipment generates.
If you have any other ideas to stay cool; do share please.